Suddenly finding yourself on the dating scene again can be a little daunting ... Focusing on the fun, flirty elements of a first date may need shift in thinking. A great place to start is to remember the “great advice” that I am sure you have given to your own friends over the years... Just be “Yourself” “Just have Fun “and “Just enjoy yourself”. Good advice, in fact great advice! Take a moment to congratulate yourself on your genius and make it your own personal mantra... easy!
Dating is about making a good impression... it’s a fun job interview! Oops ... I’m sorry I have probably made you feel even more nervous. Nonetheless, being a little nervous is perfectly normal and your date is more than likely feeling the same way.
Feeling comfortable about what you’re wearing on a first date will go a long way in making you feel relaxed, allowing your personality and charisma to shine through! Below are three typical first date and some fun flirty outfits that will take you from... Stressing-out to Smoking- hot!
But firstly a couple simple guidelines, these are not rules, but they are worthy of your consideration.
- Be yourself and have fun.
- Don’t leave choosing an outfit to an hour before your date.
- Wear shoes that you can walk in.
- Choose clothes that fit well, and suit you.
- Dress for the venue, you want to intermingle with the surrounding.
- Dress for the weather, layers is always a good option.
- Tone down “the sexy vixen within” but also don’t be too conservative, for instance if you are going for a leggy look, leave a hint of cleavage for the second date.
- Grooming speaks volumes, shiny hair, manicured nails and well applied makeup.
- Show a little personality, accessories is a great way to express the real you.
- Share a little about yourself, but don’t tell him your life story AND absolutely no EX stories.
The Movies is a great safe first date option, it gives both parties an opportunity to feel comfortable with one another and it also provides the perfect conversational topic.
For the movies keep it smart casual, great fitting jeans, a fun top, cute ballet flats or wedge heels will keep the evening entertaining.
After work drinks, wear your favourite work outfit, the one that always get compliments. A slightly dressy option will make you feel sexy. Freshen up your makeup and hair at work... maybe change your shoes and accessories to glam up your work day attire.
A Black Sheath dress will show off your curves and can be easily accessorized for a seamless transition from work to play. Better still opt for a pop of colour for a memorable first date.
A weekend coffee or lunch, this type of date is usually again smart casual. Find out about the venue to gauge the dress code. For a lunch date on a sunny afternoon, go for a flirty summery dress or a maxi for a glamorous understated touch.
If it’s the casual coffee date, it’s safer to stick to the perfect go-to casual item jeans! Team with a fashion top adding a touch of personality with some great accessories.
Taking your own advice about being yourself and having a great time opens up new possibilities and experiences. At best you might find your soul mate or maybe just a new friend.
These great first date outfits are by the girls over at Birdsnest - thanks!