Costume jewellery designs have been a favourite choice for centuries for women and men of all societies. Contemporary fashion jewellery is reaching the same heights of popularity did in the early 20th Century. It is often made to suit the seasonal fashion colours, is affordable and much is unsigned.
Fashion jewellery ranges from cheap and cheerful plastic designs through to the handcrafted necklaces and earrings that are made to last. The best way to ensure your favourite costume earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, pins and brooches last is to look after them so you get to enjoy them even more.
Here are 7 ways to look after your costume jewellery:
2. Display your costume jewellery on earring holders, necklace stands, bracelet and watch displays to avoid messy tangles that can harm the jewellery. Display stands are also great for showing off your jewellery so you get to enjoy it more.
3. When traveling or carrying your jewellery around use a roll - also known as an jewellery organiser - as it is soft so it protects your treasures from nasty knocks.
4. Just like with caring for pearl jewellery, fashion jewellery does not like the acid from hairsprays and alcohol of perfumes so put yours on after you have sprayed hair spray and perfumes.
5. Many components used in costume jewellery can be sun affected such as wooden beads, bone beads and the like so keep them out of the sun.
6. Avoid letting your costume fashion jewellery coming into contact with soap, face creams, or moisturizers. If they do rinse clean and pat dry. Make sure they're fully dry before putting it away.
7. Clean your jewellery gently with cotton buds or a soft toothbrush with a little distilled water. Make sure it is properly dried so to look after the metal settings.
Many talented jewellery designers have created simply stunning pieces, especially with the focus in the 20th Century on colourful and sparkling affordable designs. So whatever your style make sure you get to enjoy your beloved fashion jewellery for the years to come simply by caring for them.